Over the past decade, the success of the previous five Conjugate Margins Conferences is due to the synergy of its volunteers, delegates, and especially financial support from industry and government organization. We acknowledge the generous contributions in time and funds — and support for participation by their staff members — these organizations have provided in the past, and extend a sincere invitation to industry and others to help continue the success of these conferences.
Those interested in contributing to the success of Halifax 2018 are encouraged to contact Dr. Grant D. Wach (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David E. Brown (email@example.com) for additional details.
Sponsors & Supporters
The Halifax 2018 conference organizers acknowledge the generous financial and in-kind support from the following organizations (as of July, 2018):
Diamond — $15,000+
- Nova Scotia Department of Energy
- OERA (Offshore Energy Research Association)
- Husky Energy
Platinum — $10,000–$14,999 & In-kind
- Robertson CGG GeoSpec
Gold — $6,000–$9,999 & In-kind
- GEO ExPro
- Atlantic Geoscience Society
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- bp Helios
- Earthmoves Ltd.
Bronze — $2000–$3,999 & In-kind
- Dalhousie University
Patrons & Supporters — $1,000–$1,999 & In-kind
- RPS Energy
- Merit Travel Halifax
- Agile Scientific
- Manchester University/NARG
- Lynx Information Systems
- International Association of Sedimentologists
- Geological Survey of Canada/Natural Resources Canada
- Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board
- Atlantic Geoscience Society
We welcome your participation as a sponsor and appreciate your consideration of this request. Should you elect to do so, you may sponsor the entire event, or spread your contribution over a combination of events or items as a partial sponsor. You may also elect to contribute to our General Fund. By doing the latter, you will allow us to best allocate your contribution. Any corporate promotional items are most appreciated and will be included in all delegate packages. We will be pleased to provide the opportunity for Gold and higher-level sponsors to have a corporate display. Note that all excess conference funds are dedicated to providing travel bursaries for geoscience students to present the results of their research at national and international conferences. The following are the available sponsorship items/events. Please note that all costs are in Canadian dollars:
|Item/Event||Qty/No.||Available||Unit cost||Total cost|
These are designed to encourage and acknowledge corporations, firms, organizations, and individuals to participate in the conference through financial and/or in-kind support.
|Level||Corporate sponsorships||Individuals & sole proprietorships|
Sponsors will be acknowledged prominently in the following conference materials, noting the level of support and exclusivity (where appropriate), and include the corporate logo and/or name combination.
- Website (main page and sponsored event page)
- Advertisements (trade publications, flyers, posters, etc.)
- Letterheads, placards & banners at Conference
- Printed matter (Program & Abstracts, Field Guides, Short Course Books)
- Session Introductory PowerPoint slides
- PowerPoint advertisement slides (by Halifax 2018 Team after presentations at other conferences)
- Orally at all Halifax 2018 events
- All media and related communications