Poster Session Guidelines
Instructions for Poster Presentations
- Posters will be assigned to a specified poster board, and grouped based on the respective thematic session. This information will be posted in the McInnes Room venue where posters and corporate display booths are displayed. Conference staff will be present to assist if required.
- Presenters are limited to one (1) poster board. We will consider requests for additional boards if space is available, so please contact us as soon as possible.
- Poster display boards’ dimensions are 2.44 m wide × 1.22 m tall (8 × 4 feet), with the actual display area slightly smaller: 239 cm × 117 cm (94 × 46 inches) due to their metal border. The boards stand approximately 60 cm (24 inches) off the ground, and arranged in rows.
- All display materials must fit on these boards. No commercial advertising is permitted unless otherwise approved.
- The poster boards are suitable for Velcro or pushpins, and poster materials attached with either. Please bring your own supply of Velcro or pushpins if possible.
- You must put up your poster in the McInnes Room, Dalhousie Student Union Building (2nd Floor) on Sunday, August 19, between 3 and 6 pm.
- Our Welcoming Reception/Icebreaker is on Sunday evening from 6:30 to 9:30 pm (exact time subject to modification). You, or one of your co-authors/designate, should be in attendance and be at your poster from time to time so that fellow delegates attendees can find you and ask their questions.
- Posters are available for viewing from 7:00 pm through 10:00 pm Sunday, and during morning and afternoon refreshment breaks and lunches on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (all times are subject to slight changes).
- All refreshment breaks (6) and lunches (3) are served in the McInnes Room where all poster and corporate displays are located to encourage interactions with delegates and presenters.
- During the above time-periods when posters and corporate displays are available for viewing, you are not required to be present. However, we strongly encourage you do so, especially following oral sessions that are relevant to your research presentation.
- You must remove your poster display material between 7:00 and 7:30 pm on Wednesday, August 22, because the poster boards will be broken down and promptly removed soon thereafter.
- The Conjugate Margins Conference organizers and Dalhousie University are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not leave valuables at your poster/in your booth.
- MOST IMPORTANT: If you and your co-authors (if they are attending) have not registered for the conference, and, reserved your hotel room, please do so. Registration is through the conference website.
- If you have any special needs or questions regarding your poster presentation, please e-mail Ms. Natasha Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2018.