SHORT Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions.
- They should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuation.
- The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles cannot include company names.
- Students are encouraged to submit to any session.
- In keeping with the spirit of the Halifax 2018 Conjugate Margin Conference, presenters must
refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches, including but not limited to:
- Repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company
- All abstracts will be screened and evaluated for:
- Relevance and timeliness of subject matter
- Within the context of the conference themes
- Usefulness of contribution
- Techniques or practice
- Overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas
- Submit your short abstract in the format provided. All submissions must have a short abstract
- You must designate that your abstract is for an oral presentation, a poster presentation, or both, so that we can build our program and if necessary prioritize depending on time.
- If an oral presentation, indicate in your email which theme session you want the abstract to be placed in (see Call for Papers document for session descriptions).
- The committee will make the final designation whether or not a presentation will be oral or a poster.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection, assignment to an oral or poster
presentation, and, their tentative session in the first half of April 2018.
- Oral presentations are twenty (20) minutes in length with five (5) minutes for questions.
- Authors of all accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their
abstract. All abstracts will be available to conference attendees as a hard copy in the Program, and published in the peer-reviewed journal of the Atlantic Geoscience Society, Atlantic Geology.
- We are volunteers and appreciate not reformatting or extensively editing abstracts. However, it is our job to make your abstract as grammatically correct and understandable as possible.
- Final booth design will be detailed in the Poster Instructions, and sent to all confirmed poster presenters after program is confirmed.
- THE DEADLINE FOR SHORT ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS 31 MARCH 2018.